Thursday, October 25, 2007

I have had the weirdest days!

Yesterday and today were quite weird. Yesterday I woke up like an hour before my alarm clock. I think the garbage truck woke me up,
and for some odd reason, every time the garbage truck wakes me up, I feel happy. I have no idea why that is. But I woke up happy, and didn't really go back to sleep for that whole hour - well, almost... it was like ten minutes less than hour. After math class, a friend and I (I have a friend from math class, which is nice because we work on homework together after math class) did our homework like usual. I was keeping track of the time with my new watch sitting on the table like a clock. For some odd reason, I got confused and thought it was eleven o'clock when it was really ten o'clock. So at noon, my friend and I left for our next classes. I had plenty of time because I headed for class like fifteen minutes early. I had my brand new rolly backpack and soda pop in hand and just waltzed right into the room. The teacher was already in the middle of his lecture, which I thought was strange because I was early. I was in the middle of making my way to my seat when I noticed someone else was in my seat. Not only that, but I didn't recognize her. I started looking around the room, and my first thought was that there were either new people there today, or they switched the morning and afternoon class without my knowledge! I didn't recognize anyone! Then I saw the clock... "Ah," I said, and it really sounded quite like Captain Jack Sparrow. It wasn't even eleven o'clock yet! Ha! So I walked back out and sat back down in that other room to continue working on my homework. It was actually quite embarrasing, but I tried to shake it off and continue working on my homework. Actually, I ended up being quite glad I had gone to class way early because when I got back I noticed that I had left my leather jacket on the chair! eeeeek!

Then I was just minding my own business working on my homework when some random guy came up to me and asked if he could ask me a math question! Uh... sure? I don't know if it was because he saw my math book or overheard my friend and I or what. My friend and I talk while working on homework because sometimes she gets confused, and I make careless mistakes quite often. I answered his question, and he went back to his seat. I have never had that happen to me before! Well, actually I haven't had either of those happen to me before!

Later on yesterday I went to youthgroup. But it's not as simple as it sounds. See, it was at a new place this week, one I haven't been to before. Before leaving, I looked it up on a map, but the truth about the online map I use is that the arrow points to the intersection, not the building. But I thought, "Hey, I'll find it easily! I know what intersection it's at, and I'll just look for a bunch of cars when I get there! So I hopped in my car, and drove... but couldn't find the place at all! So finally I parked the car and called Mom, who told me to call Gary, who's answering machine told me to call Mom, who told me to call Courtney, who gave the phone to Rashell, who gave the fone to Micheal, who directed me across the street from where I had parked to call Mom!

Then on the way home I couldn't find the bridge for nothing! I went all around the backroads! Wooot! Good opportunity to work on my directional orientation! I drove around for somewhere between fifteen minutes and a half an hour.

Today I got up and got all ready to go to my piano lesson. I went outside and... there was ice on all the windows! I was like "Oh, no! I'm gonna be late!!" I went in and reported the icey windows to Mom... who told me my piano lesson wasn't for another half hour, anyway! So I got the car all ready, and poured warm water on the windows, and started the car to let it warm up... and I still had fifteen minutes! So I just drove to the school. My piano teacher ended up being fifteen minutes late! Ha!

What's even funnier is that I totally forgot to bring her a check! I drove home, got a check from Mom and instructions to go shopping for eggs (I added cereal to the list because I ate the last of it this morning). I drove back to the school, delivered the check, and drove back to the store. The store has been doing a complete remodel these days, and today they are working some more on the refridgerators, including the one that holds milk, and the rack that holds the eggs. I went on a hunt for eggs and milk that took a while. I looked for the chieper prices, grabbed the chiepest milk, walked down a few aisles, grabbed some cereal, payed, and drove all the way home.... Then I remembered I had gone to get eggs, not milk! Rats! I hopped back in the car, drove back to the store, went looking for the eggs, payed, and drove back home.

Phew! What a weird set of happenings! Um, I guess that's that.

1 comment:

The Armstrongs said...

Ha Ha!! that's so funny, Su! You are truly one of the family! I think every one of us related folk have all experienced something like that forgettin' stuff. I am beginning to wonder if my left and right brain functions are really separated, 'cause when I get in the mood, I can fly thru numbers and errands with great efficiency, but when I'm artistic and creative, I barely remember where I am, let alone where I'm going! Good luck with that, by the way! ha!